Saturday, May 2, 2009

The obligatory disclaimer


I waffled quite a bit regarding whether or not I should begin a blog to post some observations and experiences from my travels abroad. Naturally, publishing one's opinions with the intention of having them circulated and read, perhaps even widely (one can hope), requires at least some narcissicm and self-invovlement. Indeed, I couldn't possibly be doing this trip and having these experiences if I didn't enjoy myself as much as I do. So, despite any fleeting fears of being perceived as overly self-righteous or haughty, I agreed that blogging was a good medium to provide anyone interested with a glimpse into my experiences over the next few months. Much of what I will publish here is simply the words from my personal journal that I deem fit for public consumption. I hope that we can both learn something. In my case, about myself and the world. In the words of Veronica Corningstone, "thanks for stopping by."

No comments:

Post a Comment